Friday, July 11, 2008

Genie Francis comes back to Port Charles

Beginning Aug. 26, Laura Spencer will be back on General Hospital for a short stint.


"This is a short visit," Francis told The Associated Press today. "It's a mother-daughter story. Years ago when I started playing the character as a 14-year-old girl, it was a mother-daughter story, only I was the daughter. So it's kinda cool this is full circle. It's nice to come back for visits. General Hospital is my home."

Genie said she was told that Laura wouldn't be killed off during her latest guest stint.

"I would stay on, but General Hospital honestly doesn't seem to want that relationship with this character at the moment," said Francis. "They want little short doses during sweeps periods. It's not entirely up to me. I'm thrilled and delighted my audience stands behind me. If they didn't, you can be sure I wouldn't get to come back for these visits."

When I spoke with Genie late last year, she said she was grateful to always know she had a home on GH, but also glad that she got to spread her wings and try new things and new characters.

Welcome back, Genie, and here's to knowing that you CAN go home again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy about Laura's return to Port Charles! Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

I wish she was returning full time though. She has expressed that she wants to and fans want her to - come on, GH, give us what we want!