Thursday, March 06, 2008

CASTING NEWS: GL Star to Join AMC

OK, I must have been under a rock last week, because I just found out that Ricky Paull Goldin, who has portrayed Gus Aitoro on Guiding Light for the past 7 years, is leaving. And, to top it off, he is soap-jumping to All My Children, where he will be playing Jake Martin. Last we saw Jake, he was leaving for Kenya to go on a mission for Doctors Without Borders back in 2003.

Ricky is slated to start appearing in Pine Valley, and on your TV screens, sometime in April.

He expressed his sadness about leaving GL on his Web site: "My seven years on Guiding Light have been a wonderful experience. Now it's time for a new adventure, a new chapter in my life. I will especially miss working with Beth Ehlers (Harley Cooper), since it doesn't get any better than Gus and Harley."

Like you, I've been frustrated by your waning story line, they fact that your talents have been underused, and just the "can't choose between all these women" scenario that they had thrust at you. All the while, taking you away from your true soulmate, in my opinion, Harley.

Springfield certainly will miss you, but hopefully you'll have more to do over at AMC.

1 comments:

Dana Block said...

One of my favorite soap actors and soap characters. RIP Gus and Harley!