Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And the Nominees Are ...

CBS has dominated the soap categories for the 2007 Daytime Emmy nominations. One surprising omission was last year's winner for Outstanding Drama, "General Hospital." The nominees were announced on CBS's "The Early Show" this morning, Mar. 14, and the awards will be broadcast live Friday, June 15, on CBS. Here are the acting and show nominees for daytime dramas:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA:
The Bold and the Beautiful, Guiding Light, One Life to Live, The Young and the Restless

OUSTANDING LEAD ADDRESS:
Crystal Chappell (Olivia, “GL”), Maura West (Carly, “As the World Turns”), Kim Zimmer (Reva, “GL”), Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, “Y&R”), Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, “Y&R”)

OUSTANDING LEAD ACTOR:
Michael Park (Jack, “ATWT”), Anthony Geary (Luke, “General Hospital”), Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus, “GL”), Peter Bergman (Jack, “Y&R”), Christian LeBlanc (Michael, “Y&R”)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Lesli Kay (Felicia “B&B”), Genie Francis “(Laura, “GH”), Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth, “GH”), Gina Tognoni (Dinah, “GL”), Renee Elise Goldsberry (Evangeline, “OLTL”), Heather Tom (Kelly, “OLTL”)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Trent Dawson (Henry, “ATWT”), Rick Hearst (Rick, “GH”), Dan Gauthier (Kevin, “OLTL”), Greg Rikaart (Kevin, “Y&R”), Kristoff St. John (Neil, “Y&R”)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS:
Leven Rambin (Lily, “AMC”), Jennifer Landon (Gwen, “ATWT”), Alexandra Chando (Maddie, “ATWT”), Julie Berman (Lulu, “GH”), Stephanie Gatschet (Tammy, “GL”)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR:
Van Hansis (Luke, “ATWT”), Jesse Soffer (Will, “ATWT”), Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan, “GL”), James Stevenson (Jared, “Passions”), Bryton McClure (Devon, “Y&R”)

4 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm really disappointed that no actresses were nominated for GH. I thought Alexis and Carly could have been nominated. (I totally am blanking on their real names)

All My Children didn't get much love either. I think they deserved some. Alexis Haven could have been nominated for supporting.

P.S. I got my book, "The Women Who Raised Me" last night, and WOW I am already loving it. THANK YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

You are welcome, I am glad you are enjoying it. Yeah, the people who nominate for these weren't really spreading the love. I am happy for Passions and James Stevenson for getting an outstanding younger actor nod. They rarely get the "acting nomination" love, so this has to make James feel great!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am in complete shock with the people they nominated for each category. I really think that General Hospital should have been nominated for best Soap along with All My Children.

AMC had some wonderful acting on it this past year, and has definitely kept me glued. For Jacob Young to be left out again is just wrong. I think that his portrayal of JR Chandler is truly amazing. He brings such depth to that character. One minute you hate him, and the next you feel sorry for him. It is such a waste that his talents are not being noticed! Same with Alexa Havins and Eden Regal! Just beautiful actresses with so much talent. Very sad.... And one person that never gets recognized is Bree Williamson on OLTL! The dual role she played for so long had me convinced! She is just superb! And nothing...

I think ABC got overlooked all the way around. Not really sure why, because I do watch Y&R and Days. I didn't think the acting skills compared except for maybe Michelle Stafford as Phyllis. That is about it! Oh well, not to much can be done. They were just completey wrong.

Anonymous said...

I think Tony Geary and Genie Francis are such a great pair! I can't wait to see them on SOAPnet Reveals a Candid Conversation With... on April 29th at 4pm ET/PT!